My sister-in-law, Shannon is amazing and kindly invited us to NW Trek last week. We'd never been, but I'd heard less-than-exciting things about the place- just that it involved a lot of walking and not much action. It's an animal park attraction that features "local" animals, so I couldn't see the wow factor in that! We were in for a big surprise and did walk a lot (naps were to come later, thank you), but we had a ton of fun. On a tram ride through the open land, we were very up-close with many animals, including deer, elk, and moose (how Rusty wishes he was there with a shotgun!), goats and rams and bison, and several other animals. Other fun ones were the bears and the racoon. And although racoons are everywhere here in the woods and making nuisances in people's yards, we seldom see them close-up (mostly just as road-kill). So instead of a heap on the side of the road, Cole now has a different idea of what a racoon is really like and it's a favorite of his. Here are some highlights from our day:

Cole and Cousin Jessie looking for wildlife on the tram

And Mason just enjoying the ride!



Mason toddling along behind the group and then mad that he has to join for a photo! Poor guy!


Just in need of one of these.
1 comment:
Looks like you guys had fun. I've been wanting to take Hayden to NW Trek. We used to go when I was a kid.
Post a Comment