Monday, October 19, 2009

Thomasson Family Farm

For about the past 5 years since Rusty and I moved back to this area after living in Eastern WA, I had heard great things about this pumpkin patch farm in Enumclaw. We drive by it every year and every year I think "we should go there!" But we'd never gone. So I was really excited for an opportunity to experience it this year with my parents, sister, and my brother & his fam. We almost didn't venture out since the rain had been so heavy this last weekend, but we lucked out and stayed dry while we were there. And we had a wonderful time tromping in the mud-- definitely a place that I plan to return to in future years!
For those in the area: Thomasson Family Farm
Some of our favorite things: taking the hay ride and the tractor train ride, the field of toys and games, jumping in the corn box, seeing animals, and choosing our perfect pumpkin! (The only sad event of the day: little Ryder got a little too close to a biting bunny who nibbled on his fingers; poor guy!)

My parents enjoying the hay ride; Hunter loved it too!

Cole wanted to stay at the sandbox (made from an old hot tub-- genuis; makes me want one for a real hot tub and for a sandbox!); Mason riding the horse and roping a cow.
Alissa taking a turn roping; Toby, KyLee, and Ryder
Cousin Ryder and Mason; Cole
Hunter had a great time with G-ma Cherie Ann; And with Mom
We loved our day-- thank you to G-pa Jack and G-ma Cherie Ann, Aunt Lissa, Uncle Toby, Aunt KyLee, and cousin Ryder for the great company (and the help with my kids!). And "thank you" for the fun that we had with more cousins that evening at Grandma's where we carved out and made our Jack-O-Lanterns.