My Handsome Boy
October 5, 2009
My baby is growing up!! Rusty didn't want me to bring Cole to a preschool yet-- at least he wanted to schedule his jobs around it so he could be there with him. It was very sweet... But I told him if I didn't bring him soon, then I never would. And I had a really hard time bringing him to his 1st day. Months ago, I couldn't decide if I wanted to even sign him up in the first place. He's an August birthday and I haven't fully decided if I'll send him to Kindergarten next year or wait a year. And if I wait, then I didn't want to pay for 2 years of preschool. But I knew he needed some socialization and some time without us. By the time I realized that I probably should just send him, most places were full. I found an opening at "Busy Bees" in Auburn, we met the teacher, and told her we wanted to come (late sunday night I called to bring him in the next morning-- I sure put off that call!). First day was yesterday-- He was excited, but shy as we stood waiting for the door to open while another mother consoled her screaming 3 year old next to us. Cole was holding my hand really tightly. I wanted to walk back to the car; no one would've known we were there. But we walked inside and found something for him to play with while the other kids arrived. The teacher offered him a box of dominos and he looked up at me from his table and whispered so innocently: "Momma, how do you play this game?". I wanted to scoop him up and leave right then and there. But then realized I should probably go before he got too comfortable with me there playing dominos. He gave me lots of hugs and kisses and ran to give me more when I was at the door (I'm so glad he isn't old enough to be embarrassed about that kind of stuff). I cried as I walked away and had a hard time driving thru blurry tears. I wanted to turn the car around and go rescue him. Awful, but I was sort of secretly hoping he'd hate it and then I wouldn't have to send him back. But he had a good day and I'm glad about that and hope it continues.
4 comments:
I almost cried reading this. Now I'm really scared about taking Jayden. Hopefully I'll do okay...
So sweet. I'm actually tossing around the idea of doing a preschool. Who knows where that thought will go, maybe out the window, maybe not.
Oh my goodness ... he's so cute, and going off to preschool is a big deal!! I love picking up Cameron from preschool and seeing his big smile waiting for me. I think he feels so independent.
Oh I feel you on this one, I am still undecided about Lena starting school next year. We are doing joy school this year and she loves it but I just hate to see her get any bigger, she is my baby girl.
Post a Comment