
What a cute little boy, huh! Jan. 29th, Rusty turned 30. I am 3 months older than him, so he likes to joke that I've robbed the cradle, or something to that effect. The boys and I made a cake and some b-day signs for him. We had a fun time enjoying it together and we had a good evening as a family.

For his gift, I knew what he wanted-- a chainsaw. Top of everyone's wish list, I know. What man is complete without one, apparently. He's funny about it because as we talked about our budget for one and which one he was going to get and how appalled I was at how pricey the one he wanted was-- all he could say is that it wasn't really a b-day gift, but more of a curse. Umm, excuse me? I didn't get it. Well, he put in a wood stove in our house at Thanksgiving time so we could save money by not heating with our gas fireplace. Since then, he is continually hunting for wood and downed trees to chop up. And now he says that this chainsaw is devoted to this purpose and will keep him working. True. So I guess I can't call it "fun" for him, even though his enjoyment of the dang thing is crystal clear!! But he has been staying busy. He spent much of the afternoon on Saturday cutting up some fallen trees that were offered him. When he got home at dark with a full truck of wood, I made him stand by for a photo so I could document his curse. What an unhappy b-day boy!
1 comment:
We should have all celebrated together since my b-day was on the
24th. Happy Birthday Rusty! What a manly gift ;)
Post a Comment