Hopefully sleeping, right?? Well, this is Mason chowing down on a banana at this crazy hour! What the heck?? I just hope that this doesn't get to be a frequent thing --- about once a week or so, Mason is wide awake way too early for my liking. I'm usually not sleeping deeply (something about struggling to get comfy with a big belly full of active baby and frequent b-room trips, I presume). So I get him out of bed, so he won't wake up Cole (yes, Mason's still stuck in a bed he can't get out of himself-- it's great). Perhaps he'd eventually go back to sleep after he'd sang and chatted himself and everyone else in the house to death, but to keep Cole sleeping is a major priority for me. So, here is Mason in between Rusty and I in bed and we're both trying to shush him up, quite unsuccessfully. So then when tired Rusty gets up himself around 6am or so, there is Mason-- following his every movement around the house and doing so with way toooo much energy and bounce in his step, being quite the chatty kid. It is unreal to me. So around 7am, I stuff him full of a banana (we all sleep better on a full tummy, right) and I'm determined that he needs more sleep (or maybe that's just me who does!). But then as we're headed down the hall to bed again, who would appear? ... Cole! Luckily, Cole was content to crawl into my bed and keep sleeping for another hour or so, and eventually Mason must've run out of songs to sing or things to chat about because he did give into more zzzzzz's and slept for a few more hours. Yea! Here's to hoping that this 5:30am nonsense does not continue for all of our sakes!!
7 years ago
1 comment:
Oh my goodness, I would die! I do not handle loss of sleep well at all. In fact, anytime one of our boys randomly needs us in the middle of the night it's always Spencer who gets up. He can just fall back to sleep, but if I'm up, I can't fall back to sleep for the life of me. Good luck!!
Post a Comment