Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Visit with Cousins to the Pumpkin Patch

This last weekend, Rusty's parents took Cole and Mason down to Portland with them a day earlier than we were going (to visit Rusty's sister and family), so we had a night without kids. Rusty had to work late, so we just enjoyed dinner alone, but it was kind of nice to not be interrupted. And though I can't sleep in much even if I try, it was nice to not be rushed to get up b/c of hearing my kids wake up. Rusty and I drove down late Friday night to stay over in Oregon and have all the kids do the pumpkin patch thing together this year. Cole and Mason had a fun time with their 4 girl cousins, and the girls are all great with the boys. They have a lot of fun together. Not sure why I was worried about how my kids would do spending the night away from home (except that they've only done it once before and that didn't work out so well). But obviously it affected me more than them. And now I'm thinking that letting them do the overnight thing once in a while with the grandparents is a pretty appealing idea!

Taking the wheelbarrows on a search for the perfect pumpkin...







And enjoying the firetruck that was on display

No comments: