Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Absentee Voting-- Yea!

We finally got our absentee ballots in the mail yesterday and I'm glad for that. We are technically still voters in Enumclaw where we used to live over 3 years ago and we've not ever switched things over. We've gone out there to vote in the past, but I have no desire to do that this year with my kids and all. I'm just happy that I could call my county elections office and have it all sent to me in the mail so I can read through all the candidate and initiative mumbo jumbo and take my dear sweet time about it and not have to leave my house to do it. And this way, Rusty and I can discuss some of the people and issues so that I am clear on them. He listens to talk radio on a daily basis and is more updated on recent national and local campaign happenings, whereas I am not. I'm grateful to be a voter and hope my voice is heard by means of absentee -- I'll-mail-it-when-I'm-good-and-ready Voting.

1 comment:

Tahlea said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! And yay for absentee ballots! I did that too. It's so nice to avoid the lines. I hope you are celebrating today in an awesome way! I love ya much!