Sunday, October 12, 2008

Date Night

So I'm quickly learning that I am not the blogging type. So much time passes between posts and then here I am saying: Yea for date night! Quite the exciting life we lead here, I really must sarcastically say. But going out with my husband is my recent highlight that I'm sharing... Rusty has been working a lot lately (plus it's now hunting season, so that occupies any remaining free time he may have). Adding to that-- the kids and I have been sick all week, so this has made for some super tired parents and very cranky boys. Not so much love at our home this last week, we'll just say that! So come friday, I was thinking date night at home doing nothing would be ideal. Going out sounded too tiring. Gratefully, I have good in-laws who are often overly-eager sitters, and a sweet husband who is always wanting a date. I couldn't refuse. Combine this with a chance for my favorite Japanese steakhouse restaurant, and I guess I couldn't resist. It's good that I didn't b/c I'd forgotten how good it is to just get out and hold hands with my hubby with no little fingers in between, have a yummy meal uninterrupted, and enjoy an adult movie, too. Of course we were sure anxious to pick the boys up from Rusty's parents that night and cuddle them endlessly, but the night without them was heaven. Just to say-- that I suppose I can survive another week now that I'm rejuvenated a bit.

2 comments:

I'm Dani said...

Aren't dates great. Most of ours consist of sitting at home watching a movie after the kids to go bed. But there's no better time then when you get to snuggle with your hubby all by yourselves!!!!

The Christensens said...

Husbands can be the worst, and the best! Sometimes I feel like I could seriously hurt mine, but he is always thoughtful and wanting to give me a break from the kids. I do no think we could survive as stay at home moms with out date nites!!!