
On Saturday, I went to an Emergency Preparedness Fair that the Maple Valley Stake hosted for the community. My in-laws were in charge of a booth there and Rusty was hunting that morning, so I took my boys. It was great, since all these emergency topics have been on my mind and in conference and on the news, and everywhere else lately! I made a few 72-hour kits for my family, so I'm now a little more on my way towards not being entirely unprepared for everything! And there were fun things for my boys-- a helicopter that landed that they could tour (of course no camera with me), and other ambulance and police vehicles, etc. to get excited about. One of my personal favorites was the booth about food storage from www.shelfreliance.com For a long time, I have debated about getting one of their can-rotating systems so that I could use what I am storing more effectively. I even almost bought one from a Wal-Mart in Utah a few months ago, and then didn't want to be too impulsive about it and hauling it around on our trip. So anyways, I don't know if any of you need help with food storage or rotating cans or whatever, but their biggest free-standing system was on display there. The lady that I know there had been in touch with someone from shelf-reliance and they'd agreed that they'd give a discount for those bought in connection with this fair. So basically, instead of the $459 price on their web-site (plus tax and delivery, I think), you can buy it for $299 delivered straight to your door (no added charges). I still haven't completely decided on this, since we have no garage and my storage area is limited- I might have to get a smaller unit, but I thought I'd share this in case anyone out there is contemplating a purchase like this. Worth checking out, I think. Just let me know if you are, and I'll tell you how to get it... happy food storage!!
1 comment:
This is such a cool shelf! A friend from my ward has some of these. I like that you can put the newer cans in and still use the older ones (since they rotate through). Maybe some day I'll have enough space & money to get a couple, but for now I'm just going to have to stick with carboard boxes to hold my #10 cans.
Post a Comment