Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Driving to the Mountains

Rusty loves the mountains; he is home there! We used to drive up four-wheeling often when we were dating and first married, but haven't done so for a long time. (We almost died sliding off an icy cliff there while Christmas tree hunting about 6 years ago on some back roads and I haven't been real anxious to return since. It was traumatic!) Well, Rusty's been wanting to take the boys up on a drive and I was more than willing now that the snow and ice are gone. And drive we did-- out past Enumclaw and Greenwater on Hwy 410, to some back roads where we used to go. Beautiful Sunday afternoon-- 3 boys squished in the back seat of the truck:

(This is the zoned-out look I get when I try to get their attention away from their movie to look at the camera; I promise they really were having fun-- ignore Hunter's mean face, Mason sticking his tongue out, and Cole's shades!)

What a beautiful drive:


And what trip would be complete without boys (of all sizes) throwing rocks (of all sizes) into the river.


Love my boys!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Grandpa Raban gets a call, "we are in Greenwater when is dinner"...luckily Grandma had dinner started and it was a fun evening for all of us, including Uncle Robby who had just happend to drop in at the same time!
Mason told grandma that he saw rocks and trees and a "black bear"....urrr scary! Thanks for coming by it was so fun.

Angie said...

Aww. Your boys are getting so big! I love that last picture of them.

Jackie said...

Love Cole's shades! What a fun family adventure. You guys are seriously AWESOME for attempting a trek like this with little ones!

Nicole said...

I LOVE family outings like that!!