Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Cole turns 3!


Cole has had a fever the last few days, but was still looking forward to his birthday. Whenever you asked him about it, he would eagerly spout off that his birthday was August 11th and that he would be three, as he tried to only hold up that amount of fingers to illustrate his point. So although he wasn't his complete self, we still followed through on the plans we had to celebrate his 3rd birthday. Rusty took the day off so we could take the boys to Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium. We did the same thing last year for Cole's 2nd birthday and had such a fun time that we thought we'd repeat it. We met Cole's little buddy Wesley there, with his mom and sister. Cole and Wesley were both born on the same day and have a lot of fun being pals-- at nursery causing trouble together and whenever Sheila and I get them together to play, they have a great time. So we thought we'd invite Wesley to the zoo to celebrate with us. It was commented more than once to us while at the zoo by other visitors that our boys were more entertaining to watch than the animals themselves. I guess I've always known that many days my kids or myself belonged in the zoo. And here was confirmation!! The animals were great, but it was quite the site to see Cole and Wesley jump around together imitating animals and educate each other on what the animals were doing and not doing. And then to watch Mason try to be the third wheel.



Some of our favorite animals to watch were the playful otters, the monkeys, the walruses, and the beluga whale who was sunning herself right next to us.

5 comments:

Tahlea said...

Happy Birthday Cole! Crazy he's 3! What fun times with the boys. They never stop growing, huh? So fast!

Angie said...

I'm so glad Cole had a good Birthday. I haven't thought about it, but I should do something fun like that for Hayden's bday tomorrow. Maybe I'll steal your idea. :)

3 years has gone so fast, hasn't it? At least that's how I feel.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Cole, I forgot how close Lena and Cole are. I have all your sisters pictures finished and the online gallery is on my blog so you can look through them all.

Jocelyn said...

That monster truck cake is just too cool! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey you can come over and get the pictures you want off my computer with a jump drive. You can order the prints right off the online gallery too. They are pretty big files so they are kind of hard to email.