
Yesterday was my Grandma Jan's b-day. She passed away last December 27th, and she was my best friend. I just wanted to remember her and be grateful for her in my life. One thing she'd always say to me was "wherever you are, be there." How true that is, and how often I needed and still need to remember that! She lived close to me, so I was fortunate to spend a lot of time with her, though not always as much as I wanted because of obligations to my husband, kids, and life. That was hard for me because I wanted to be more to her, and she'd remind me that we all had a time for things in life and that now was my time to be a wife and mother and I had to devote myself and energy to whatever and wherever I was, and not feel guilty wishing for what was not to be at that time. She was optimistic and taught me well to live in the moment and appreciate the sunshine, which she loved so much. I miss her and just wanted to share my love for her influence in my life.
3 comments:
Thank you for that. I didn't know Grandma Jan long, but I loved her. She was so sweet. I live close to all of my grandparent's right now, and it is hard when a month or 2 go past and I realize that I haven't even talked to them. Life is busy...
Thanks again.
I love this post. I too, was so close to my Grandma and every time her birthday passes, I look at my calendar and wish I could call her. I love the picture of you and her on your wedding day.
I love the picture of you and Grandma at your wedding. Ruthie and I went to the temple on Grandma's birthday as our way to remember her.
Post a Comment