Sunday, March 27, 2011

Starting Our Garden


We enjoy having a vegetable garden each year-- some years I am better at tending to it than others, but we still always do one. It is a lot of fun to plant and work out there together as a family. Being in the garden is one of the things that we love most to do with the boys during the summer, as well as enjoy the things we grow. A few saturdays ago, Rusty and I took the chance to get the ground tilled up and ready to plant after the neglect of winter. We had some great weather and the boys really loved being outside in the dirt. Typical boys, that's for sure. (Just too bad much of that dirt accompanied them inside each time they used the bathroom or needed a drink). They collected worms into buckets for future fishing trips and got out all their farming tools. I love seeing my boys try to work along side Rusty; it's adorable watching them imitate him as they throw out rocks and shovel dirt. Needless to say, it was a productive day and we are now ready to plant. I'm glad that Rusty is helping to motivate me to plant a little sooner this year than I did last, since I'm pregnant and am trying to make the most of my feel-good time. And I'm hoping that our garden doesn't get too neglected during the summer months when this baby is due and my energy most surely will be lacking.

1 comment:

Kali said...

I love how you have a garden every year. I bet the kids love it too.