My brother Toby serves in the Air Force, and even though he is now away on deployment, we still were all excited to be a part of the Fort Lewis/McChord Airshow this year. We had fun there (despite the hours it took to get there with crazy traffic and the 1 mile run I made back to the car with our diaper bag of snacks cuz I was told they'd throw out our food, and dang it-- I'd rather bring the goldfish crackers 1 mile back to the car than have them throw 'em into the trash. I mean who knows, I guess they could have been wired with explosives?? Oh, and the little part where I didn't have my ID to show at security so 'someone' (um, my dad) had the bright idea of trying to use my mom's instead. Do I look like I was born in 1949 and have short, curly hair?? Oh, let's not mention the shame I felt when the officer looked at me and said "Do you think I'm crazy?" And then continued with phrases like "falsely impersonating" and "lying to a federal officer". Yeah, I felt mortified! Fortunately, I wasn't punished and the guy let me through to "enjoy the day with [my] kids" and to recover from my shame. He must have felt sorry for me. In my defense-- Rusty drove that day and when Rusty drives, I try not to bring my purse (which has my ID). Having a diaper bag is enough baggage for me, and there was never any information around that said ID was required for admittance to the event.
Anyways, moving on..... we did have a great time. See for yourself:
When stuck in traffic-- powdered donuts are wonderful for ansy kids! / Toby's plane-- C-17
Tank sitting with cousins / My dad got to be the Hunter-holder for much of the day
No comments:
Post a Comment