My 3 yr old Mason really needs a nap still, but most days refuses. And I hate trying to push the issue because he is very stubborn! So each day it is a wrestle-- force the nap or skip the nap. What to do? If he does finally settle down and give in to some quiet time, it is usually so late in the afternoon that a nap just has him up late at night. So, we usually have a few tough hours of needing a nap (conveniently around when I'm fixing dinner), but not always getting one. This was the case yesterday where I opted to skip the hassle of getting him to nap and just hoping bedtime would be a little earlier. So much for that idea because when I walked out of the room to tend to Hunter and returned a few minutes later, this is what I found:
Konked out on the wood floor. Seriously? He must have been so tired-- he didn't even make it to the couch or a rug a foot away, or anything even remotely soft! I opted not to move him (it was late afternoon and I didn't want him sleeping too long), but this nap lasted for a good hour or more-- long enough to make bedtime a struggle. Fun stuff.
7 years ago
3 comments:
Wow! That's awesome. It's so hard when they still need a nap sometimes. Feeling it myself these days.
That sounds just like our almost 3 year old Connor. I finally just gave into the fact that he was giving up naps. Sad day.
My favorite is when they fall asleep in the closet or the toy box!
Post a Comment