I've been trying to decide how to get 3 boys and all their stuff crammed into 1 room, knowing I needed to change sleeping arrangements in some way. I hadn't yet figured out how and how much I was willing to pay for a change, when my mother-in-law Gena came to my rescue. Coincidentally, she was at a thrift store last week at the same time a man was trying to donate some bunk beds which the store would not accept. She said she'd take them, knowing I was searching... End of story: we have been loving them! They are not too tall (my biggest fear being broken bones from an inevitable middle-of-the-night fall), and they have little headboards for all the boys' treasures. Best of all, they were free, aside from buying and cutting plywood and gathering up some twin sized mattresses!! You sure can't argue with free in this case...
Playing on the bottom bunk; helping daddy put the beds together
(Yes, that is Mason's diaper bottom on the bottom bunk- taken during nap time. He will not stay in one place. So despite the guard rail, I'm sure he will be finding his way to the floor very soon.)
2 comments:
What a great steal. How awesome that you got those for free. They look awesome. Love the fact that Mason could possibly fall of despite the rail. That's so how Porter is toO!
Im going to need to get bunks soon I think!
Post a Comment