7 years ago
Monday, March 16, 2009
Best Friends/Worst Enemies
As brothers, I think Cole and Mason are doomed to constantly be in this cycle of being friends and then enemies, and often this changes from one minute to the next. I'm sure all siblings are this way to some extent. Well, they are only 17 months apart and one blessing of having them close in age is that they are growing up together. Usually, they get along well and keep one another entertained. But there are other days.... Let's just say that these days/episodes can drive me crazy! Often Cole will bug Mason to the point of tears or be aggressive with him and then when he wants to apologize and give Mason a "love", it is not well-received (for obvious reasons; can't blame Mason for not wanting him close). Cole gets offended that "he's not letting me love him", and then we usually have 2 criers on our hands. Yikes! Well more recently, I think it's funny that when Mason gets hurt and is looking for me to whine to, Cole tries to console him and will say: "It's okay Mason, I'm right here". Ummm yeah, that is the problem!! (As if Mason is turning to Cole for consolation after the abuse he's just received.) I've been trying to explain (uneffectively, I'm afraid) to Cole that he can't hurt Mason one minute and then think that Mason will turn to him for support or be open to his affection right away. I guess it's good that Cole is not adverse to a quick make-up, but Mason appears to be more of my grudge-holder (though I guess I can't blame him at this point). They sure have distinct personalities already! Wonder how baby boy #3 will add a new twist this this scene....??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So pretty much everything you wrote in your post sounds exactly like life at the Snelders household. I have to agree that their closeness in age allows them to grow up together and enjoy the same things . . . but then there are other times . . . Anyway, best of luck to both of us with our houses full of boys!!
Isn't it just so fun to see their little personalities forming? I love have two boys and seeing the dynamics of their relationship.
Reading your post makes me so excited to have two kids, I also cant believe my due date is in 5 more days. I feel like I am never going to have this baby. Your due soon too, I am so excited for us both.
I love your post Nea! Your boys are so adorable! Hope all is going well in your final stages of preganancy!
Post a Comment