Sunday, November 16, 2008

Not your typical date night


Rusty's a hunter-- absolutely loves it and goes whenever he can- hunting for whatever is in season. Well, he got a deer this weekend so he was excited about that and I am glad too (for now he'll be home more often, that is until elk season starts again) and now our freezer will be stocked for the next year, which is a good storage feeling. We like deer meat. So when he got home the other night, he strung it up from our cherry tree in the front yard and warned the neighbors of what he was doing, and this is how we spent our date night-- gutting and skinning the guy so he could take it to the butcher the next morning. Not quite the date night of choice in my book, but I guess I gotta take what I get, huh??

3 comments:

Angie said...

You are a brave woman! I probably wouldn't even want to see the deer until it was packaged nicely into little cuts of meat in my freezer. It must be worth it, though, to have so much meat stored away.

Nicole said...

Our hubby's are so similar. I frequently have dead animals hanging in my garage.

Nicole said...

Our hubby's are so similar. I frequently have dead animals hanging in my garage.