Sunday, Nov. 1, 2009
We've been having a rough week. Here are just a few of the things we've got going on in this crazy house of ours lately:
- A lot of whining, and screaming tantrums, too. Mason especially has been really frustrated with wanting to do things himself, but not being able to and not letting anyone help. Makes for quite the ordeal.
- Off and on fever for Cole (105 last night). So I make him drink lots of fluids, which leads to:
- Accidents in the middle of the night (sometimes several, which require stripping down of his clothes and bed/blankets, etc at 2am.) He gets sad that he "didn't make it" to the bathroom and cries a lot. Then lots of laundry the next day.
- So none of us are sleeping good (Mason was awake last night from about 12am-3am & in our bed, or else he would roam the house). No sleep=hard days. He's been binky-free for a few weeks and he's still struggling a bit when he needs something to help calm him down when it's time to sleep.
- I lost Cole at Costco on monday. I let him walk beside the cart and he wandered away. Long story, but my sister was with me and we both thought the other was watching him. I hadn't planned to go there that day, so I was wearing shoes that were not broken in. And then I was running everywhere looking for him, so I got blisters and sores. It took a long time to find Cole and when I finally claimed him from the store employees, all he told me is that he finally found the lady who makes the chocolate milk. Must have been a sample that day??
- Hunter fell off my bed backwards onto the wood floor last night. It's at least a 2 ft drop. Mason actually did the same thing when he was a baby, but went face first. I took him to the urgent care cuz he'd had a bump on his forehead, but Hunter didn't seem injured beyond the initial scare it gave him. Cole also had a similar experience at about this age-- climbing up a ladder and falling off. Is this always the outcome with boys?
- Rusty's been working late all week. 'Tis the season, but it sure makes for long days for the rest of us when the day's already been tough.
- Despite all that yucky stuff, we continue to be blessed-- we've had to laugh our way thru most days. We made our thankful tree and we've been adding lots of leaves of our blessings, so it's nice to remember those. We checked out some great books from the library so we've been reading for sanity and listening to lots of primary music. And we're all still alive and kickin'!
But I think we're done with this week and ready for a new one! And now as I type this, Cole just comes in and says "Mom, I think I'm starving". You think you are? I guess I better go feed my kids...
4 comments:
Hi Lynnea! Oh my gosh you have had a rough week!! I would have been a mess with tears streaming down my face if I went through what you did in Costco. That's horrible. I'm sorry you had the sick bug in your house, hopefully it is all gone now or has it moved on to the other boys? Good luck!
Wow wow wow what a week, I have had a pretty rough past week myself, not so much with my kids though. It seems like when it rains it pours. Your are a wonderful mother and just remind yourself that being a mother is the most important calling. You will be blessed.
What a week! Hope things look better for you this week. HUGS!!
Oh my goodness what a week. 105? that is so scary, and changing sheets in the middle of the night. Ah! And that Costco experience sound awful! How funny that he was by the lady giving chocolate milk. Lol. That made me laugh. I hope this week has been better. I know I live far away, but if you ever need help with your boys or just want to go somewhere give me a call. :)
Post a Comment